MQTT is a standard for moving data between an IoT device and a server.
MQTT has become the IoT standard for connecting all sorts of IoT devices.
Today, all major IoT platforms, IoT cloud services providers, and many
IoT edge gateways and devices support connectivity with MQTT.
MQTT is a publish/subscribe protocol that is lightweight and requires a minimal footprint and bandwidth to connect an IoT device.
Unlike HTTP s request/response paradigm, MQTT is event driven and enables messages to be pushed to clients.
This type of architecture decouples the clients from each other to enable a highly scalable solution without dependencies between data producers and data consumers.
The key benefits of MQTT are:
- Lightweight and efficient to minimize resources required for the client and network bandwidth;
- Enables bidirectional communication between devices and servers. Also, enabling broadcasting messages to groups of things;
- Scales to millions of things;
- MQTT specifies Quality of Service (QoS) levels to support message reliability;
- MQTT supports persistent sessions between device and server that reduces reconnection time required over unreliable networks;
- MQTT messages can be encrypted with TLS and support client authentication protocols
MQTT and ADFweb.com
ADFweb.com offers MQTT converters that allow the interface between MQTT systems and many others buses.
It is possible to publish and subscribe data to remote or local MQTT broker/server in order to interface fieldbus
devices or supervision systems (like SCADA, PLCs, BMS, sensors, meters, ...).
They allow the connection to all standard MQTT servers, including the most common like Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google IoT Core, IBM and many others.
MQTT communication can be encrypted using TLS / SSL protocols, ensuring a SECURE and SAFE communication.
For more technical informations, please see the FLYER
All hardwares offered by ADFweb.com ensure an electrical isolation between the physical ports, industrial temperature range and wide low power supply range.
Below, the generic technical feature of ADFweb.com products:
- Electrical isolation;
- Industrial temperature range: -40 C / +85 C (-40 F / 185 F);
- Wide supply input range: 8..24V AC; 12..35V DC;
- 35mm DIN Rail montage;
- Free software for easy and fast configuration.